Wrist Pain – Numbness – Loss of Grip Strength
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is pressure on the median nerve — the nerve in the wrist that supplies feeling and movement to parts of the hand. It can lead to numbness, tingling, weakness, or muscle damage in the hand and fingers.
- Numbness in the palm, thumb, index finger, middle finger, and thumb side of the ring finger
- Decreased hand strength
- Tapping over the median nerve at the wrist may cause pain to shoot from the wrist to the hand
- Bending the wrist forward all the way for 60 seconds will usually result in numbness, tingling, or weakness
What causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
- Smartphone Use, Writing, Typing
- Assembly line work, Painting, Use of Tools (especially those that vibrate)
- Sports such as racquetball, tennis, lacrosse…
- Playing some musical instruments
What treatment works for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- LeGault Chiropractic provides noninvasive and non-surgical methods are extremely effective in diagnosis and treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome. Contact LeGault Chiropractic at (412) 364-4100 to start your safe and effective non-surgical treatment.
Sources: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, NIH