- Every year in the United States 1.7 million hospital acquired infections cause 99,000 deaths.
- Approximately 17% of patients with invasive MRSA infections die.
- Percentage increase of MRSA infections since 1995 is 867%.
- Forty-eight percent of doctor’s neckties are covered in disease promoting bacteria.
- And my favorite… 60% of health-care workers do not clean their hands properly.
FYI: MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) is a type (strain) of staph bacteria that does not respond to some antibiotics that are commonly used to treat staph infections. The resistance occurred due to over utilization of anti-biotics and bacterial adaptation. Popular Science failed to mention where the statistics originated so I can’t provide their source.
The Take Home Message: We need to be PRO-active about our health. Exercise. Eat whole foods (minimally processed). Hydrate with water. And GET ADJUSTED! The health of your nervous system (spine) is directly linked to the way you function, heal, and adapt. And please don’t forget to wash your hands…